How to display ads on Google AMP pages in WordPress. To make your site pages accessible through mobile devices faster, you need the create an AMP version for every single page of your site. This way may help you improve user experience better on your site. However, you can also speed up WordPress loading for desktop visitors.
Indeed, ads are the most important thing to make money online, especially for bloggers. Google AMP pages are designed with fewer resources that may become an obstacle for webmasters to show ads those pages. As long as AMP pages are user friendly with its mobile-friendly web design, it would be an opportunity for bloggers to increase their page views and their ads views as well. So, this tutorial will discover how to show ads on Google AMP pages.
Unfortunately, other than Adsense publishers may not be able to show their ads using this tutorial, as Google AMP pages only show ads from Google Adsense. If you have Adsense code, you can show ads on AMP pages in WordPress using AMP plugin for WordPress.
Recommended reading: Create a child theme in WordPress manually.
Display Ads on AMP Pages in WordPress Using Accelerated Mobile Pages Plugin
1. Download AMP plugin for WordPress
2. Then, upload the plugin via your WordPress’ admin dashboard Plugins → Add New → Upload Plugin
3. Once the installation process has been completed, enable the plugin.
4. Then, you will see a display the AMP settings on the sidebar of your dashboard.
5. Click on the Advertisement menu
6. On this menu, you will see four slots of ads position where you can insert Adsense code into your AMP pages.
7. You may specify where you will display ads on the AMP version of every single post on your WordPress site or blog. This tutorial will show you how to display ads on AMP pages’ header.
8. At the Ad Size option, you can choose an ideal size of ads you are going to display. Fill the Data Ad Client with your Adsense publisher id. Then, at the Data Ad Slot box, you can insert the id from an ad code that you have created before.
9. Then, click Save Changes.
10. If successfully, now you can see the ads on the Google AMP version of every page of your WordPress site or blog.
Read also: Best WordPress SEO plugins.
This simple tutorial is not available for free WordPress blog (WordPress.com), but you can practice on a self-hosted WordPress blog. If you are making money from ads on content marketing strategy, displaying creating AMP pages for your WordPress blog and displaying ads on them are good ideas, as Google has been highlighting AMP pages on its SERPs. That’s the simple steps on how to display ads on Google AMP pages in WordPress.